A project over eleven years in the making, Cortex Command has rich 2D pixel graphics coupled with an extremely detailed physics engine, which allows for highly replayable and emergent real-time action. There is also a turn-based strategic campaign mode which ties the tactical fights together, featuring persistent terrains that will accumulate the battle scars, debris, and bunker ruins through your entire campaign.
Choose from several unique technology factions, each featuring their own sets of expendable soldier bodies, mechas, weapons, tools, and landing craft. Protect your brain, mine the gold, and destroy the enemy cortex in his bunker complex!
• THE MOID (OBJECT COUNT) LIMIT IS GONE*!!! (*Not truly gone, but hardly reachable)
• Randomized maps[gfycat.com]: create a map once, play it forever
• Bunker prefabs[gfycat.com]: build your bunker of any size in no time
• AI skill sliders: bored? We have ‘Unfair’ AI skill for ya.
• Global scripts: add some pepper to any activity or control AI units in the campaign your way.
• Mod manager: no more .rte renaming!
• Constructor[gfycat.com] tool[i.minus.com]: AI brains seal themselves[i.minus.com] in tunnels to live long (and probably even prosper).
• Visible inventory: guess no longer about how many nukes you have left in your pockets.
• Scenes previews: you don’t have to remember all those scene names.
• 36 randomized maps for the campaign.
• Almost 200 bunker prefabs.
• New Dummy weapon – Lancer.
• Wounds, jetpacks, headshot damage multipliers, generic variables – all exposed to Lua.
Other improvements and fixes:
• Deployments can be used instead of units to make your map compatible with any player-selected techs.
• AI skill adjustments.
• Resolution selection fixes.
• HSplitScreen and VSplitScreen work just like before.
• Secret endless campaign mode.
• Tooltips on/off checkbox.
• Steam can be manually disabled if any start-up problems arise.
• Diggers create tunnels which way easier to walk through.
• Factions balance tweaks.
• Campaign strategic AI tweaks.
• Campaign tactical tweaks.
• You can safely set health more that 100, yet it’s still not recommended.
• Foreign items can be removed from the buy menu.
• Press CTRL+W to dump the entire world to .BMP file.
• Author can specify default gold, fog of war and other options for your activity and prevent player from changing them.
• Some activities may load scenes while discarding any pre-placed actors.
• Deployments now work correctly in scenario/skirmish modes. No more zombie spawns!
• AI actors in sentry mode no longer ignore enemies after reloading.
• The jet-pack mass indicator use jet-pack strength instead of hard-coded values.
• Small objects are less likely to mysteriously gib after a collision. (MOs now automatically gib when AngularVel > 2000/(MaxRadius+1) instead of 100).
• Meta Game: Crafts with MaxPassengers = 0 as are not used as drop crafts by the AI
OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP / Vista / 7
Processor: 1GHz processor
Memory: 1GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 150MB HDD space
Video Card: 640×480 (VGA) resolution monitor
Additional: Should run on any PC released within the past 5 years.
Cortex Command Game Play
Cortex Command Build 31
Genre: Action, Indie, Strategy
Developer: Data Realms
Publisher: Data Realms, LLC
Release Date: 28 Sep, 2012
Choose install location.
Install. (The installer closes by itself.)
Use shortcut on desktop to play
Do not forget to add an exception to your antivirus (if required)
Block all game executables in your firewall
Cortex Command [PC] Small Game Download